The American Music Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Coffret dresseur d’élite ETB Pokémon EV06 Mascarade Crépusculaire
56.90 €
Voir le deal

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970)

+10
Garbage Man
Ted
leptilou
Karpof
vincent
Tontonjimi
Blueleader
Tiger
upfromtheskies
Ayler
14 participants

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) Empty George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970)

Message par Ayler 22.09.08 13:06

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970)

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) 67378885qh7

Face 1

1. I'd Have You Anytime
2. My Sweet Lord
3. Wah-Wah
4. Isn't It A Pity

Face 2

1. What Is Life
2. If Not For You
3. Behind That Locked Door
4. Let It Down
5. Run Of The Mill

Face 3

1. Beware Of Darkness
2. Apple Scruffs
3. Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp
4. Awaiting On You All
5. All Things Must Pass

Face 4

1. I Dig Love
2. Art Of Dying
3. Isn't It A Pity
4. Hear Me Lord

Face 5

1. Out Of The Blue
2. It's Johnny's Birthday
3. Plug Me In

Face 6

1. I Remember Jeep
2. Thanks For The Pepperoni

Bobby Whitlock a écrit:Phil Spectors sound didn't affect our playing ...cause he didn't add all that echo and reverb until after we were done . Phil was a very strange guy....he was pissed off cause he didn't have his gun..they wouldn't let him carry his gun into the country . He never left the control room . He got along with George...and everybody , he was a funny guy and likeable person . He kept everything , even the jams ....and thats what initially gave me the idea of keeping everything and the tape rolling at all times during the "Layla" sessions .
The only time that the tape stopped was on "Key to The Highway " ...Tom went running into the control room and said "Push it up , Push it up ." Thats why you hear the song fading in .
On the ATMP sessions ..they really should have recorded what was going on in the control room , that Phil Spector was a funny dude, very entertaining. I remember the only time I was ever late for a session ( due to traffic) I walked in and he would say "Phase the drums"..then he said "Phase the piano" ..then he said "Phase EVERYTHING!" .
Thats when we were doing "Wah-Wah" , the piano and Hammond had already been taken by Billy Preston and the Gary's ...so the only thing open was the electric piano , and mind you , everybody was playing on the downbeat) , so I elected to play on the upbeat . Made it unique ...
They call it a Harmonium , but I call it a "Pump Organ" and I played the pump organ on every song that there was a pump organ on . Including "My Sweet Lord " , "All Things Must Pass" etc...
The tracks::
It says that Delaney was on the session observing ( in Georges book "Why my Guitar Gently Weeps" ) ..I guess they had interviewed Delaney ..thinking that he was a part of this . It says in the book "Delaney Bramlett was there observing George's studio demeanor" . Delaney says " He was very business like in the studio ...sure he got tired sometimes and always had a joke . But when it came it came back to the 1, 2, 3 ..he was very business like . He was a very good Producer and very well mannered in the studio . People respected him for that ".
Delaney Bramlett, was not only not in the studio ...he was not even in the country when we recorded this , and nobody had called him to ask him to be a part of it . I was there ...everyday ."
George had played all of the songs to me , I was dating his wife's sister at the time, so I was at Friar Park alot of the time . He had just gotton Friar Park , and he and Patti were still living in the teeny gate house . He pulled open a drawer in the cabinet in the dining room and it was full of Beatle 45's ( Gold Records ) thats where they all were ...stuck in a drawer. I thought it was all pretty amazing , gives you a perspective on the true value of those things.
The Songs ::
On Georges new mix of ATMP , it has some interesting acoustic versions of "Let it Down" ...That was Eric and George on guitar and me on pump Organ . When "Let it Down" ....he played it to Eric and me and it was just a ballad . When it came to the chorus part of it , I suggested we rock it ...(BW singing) .."LET IT DOWN!!" ....so we did .
When we did that album , George let everybody have free reign on the creative department .
He would walk out ...play the song for everyone all at once , then we'd run through it ...then roll tape .
Thats how it went down .
The only over-dubs there were were really the backround vocals , the horns , and Pete Drake on the pedal steel , and George's slide.
But the whole band ...three keyboard players , at one point two bass players , two drummers , four acoustic guitar players ...and three smokin' electric guitar players going all at once . It was awesome .

All these songs Derek and the Dominos pretty much played on everything . With the exception of "I'd have you anytime " ..and maybe one other . Derek & the Dominos was really the core .
On the song the second version of "Isn't it a Pity " ( has Ringo on Drums)...it's me on Hammond Organ ( M100 ) .
On "What is Life" ..That was the Dominos . I played piano .
On "If not for You " ...I played organ on it .
On "Let it Down" ..I played the organ on that .
On "Run of the Mill " thats me on organ.
On "Beware of Darkness" Thats the Dominos ..and the first time I ever played piano on a session .
And ...On "The Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp" I played piano .
On "Awaiting on you all" The Dominos and I played organ .
On "All Things Must Pass" I played the pump Organ .
"I Dig Love" ..That was THe Dominos , and I played Organ .
On "The Art of Dying " That was D7D , and I played organ , and Tubular Bells .
"Hear me Lord" What a killer song ! I am playing the organ on it .
And all the other stuff is really credited correctly ...
"Out of the Blue " ...I played Organ on that .
They have Gary Wright playing on the organ ...we don't play alike at all . My organ..you can hear the leslie working...it's intense . Sounds like a tidle wave comin' at ya.
Eric and I ...sang all the backround vocals .
He and I were O'Hara Smith Singers , and of course George joined in with the backrounds...
Now when you listen , you can hear Eric and I singing on "The Pope owns 51% of general motors " , you can recognize it . We had ALOT of Fun .
Source : http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=160164
Ayler
Ayler
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/SugarSweet44

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) Empty Re: George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970)

Message par upfromtheskies 16.01.13 20:06

Paringaux avait fait une chronique cinglante dans R&F, tellement dure qu'Ayler en a encore le traumatisme.

Si vous voulez que je la mette, je peux le faire.

Mais tout le monde n'était pas d'accord, notamment les lecteurs:

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1612
George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1613
upfromtheskies
upfromtheskies

https://www.youtube.com/user/gilouseb

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) Empty Re: George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970)

Message par Tiger 16.01.13 20:18

Cinglant comment ?
Tiger
Tiger

Message par Blueleader 16.01.13 20:34

Maintenant qu'on a la réponse d'un lecteur, ce serait dommage de ne pas avoir la chronique incriminée.
Blueleader
Blueleader

Message par upfromtheskies 16.01.13 20:36

OK, je la mets. Mais je ne voulais pas traumatiser une nouvelle fois Régis! Smile

Sinon, BL, j'ai mis un télégramme dans "Grateful dead" qui devrait te plaire. Musicalement, je ne sais pas, mais, disons, la dynamique évoquée devrait te convenir...
upfromtheskies
upfromtheskies

Message par Blueleader 16.01.13 20:42

upfromtheskies a écrit:
Sinon, BL, j'ai mis un télégramme dans "Grateful dead" qui devrait te plaire. Musicalement, je ne sais pas, mais, disons, la dynamique évoquée devrait te convenir...

j'ai vu....surréaliste mais j'aime bien ! Very Happy
Blueleader
Blueleader

Message par upfromtheskies 16.01.13 21:05

R&F 48 de janvier 71:

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1719

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1812

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1811
George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1815
George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1813

upfromtheskies
upfromtheskies

Message par Blueleader 16.01.13 21:24

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) Sans_t29

Le malaise qu'il a du nous faire l'ami Paringaux quand le "Rock n' Roll" de
Lennon est sorti...
Blueleader
Blueleader

Message par Ayler 16.01.13 22:02

Je pense ne pas être le seul à avoir des problèmes d'affichages :

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1719

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1812

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1811

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1815

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1813
Ayler
Ayler
Admin

Message par Tontonjimi 16.01.13 22:07

Non tu n'es pas le seul, chez moi aussi ça déconne No
Tontonjimi
Tontonjimi

http://sebastien.damarey@numericable.fr

Message par Ayler 16.01.13 22:15

A la relecture, je comprends mieux comment Paringaux a pu écrire un texte à ce point assassin. Il s'en prend plus à Spector qu'à Harrison (même s'il est complètement à côté de la plaque parfois), critiquant notamment sa production avant tout. De fait, la prod' de Spector avait ses limites : ce n'est pas un hasard si Harrison a remixé l'album - fait rare dans l'industrie musicale. Cela dit... quelle chronique de merde tout de même !
Ayler
Ayler
Admin

Message par vincent 16.01.13 22:26

Merci Regis. Que j'aime cet opus.
vincent
vincent

Message par Tontonjimi 16.01.13 22:42

Pas encore écoutais Rolling Eyes
Tontonjimi
Tontonjimi

Message par vincent 16.01.13 22:46

non tu rigoles là??!!??
vincent
vincent

Message par Karpof 16.01.13 22:50

un album formidable... et pour parler qq secondes de mon expérience personnelle, j'avais à la première écoute, probablement, le même sentiment, mitigé, que Paringaux.

à le deuxième écoute (motivé je crois me souvenir par l'opinion qu'en avait Chino, entre autre) l'intense créativité, la subtilité totale de cette oeuvre m'est apparue soudainement.

Il y a peut-être des préjugés qui insidieusement ont la vie dure.. comme celui de croire qu'Harrison fut une sorte de Beatles en "demie teinte" et qu'il ne devait sa notoriété qu'au duo génial Lennon / Mc Cartney.
Je dis ça juste comme ça, une tentative d'explication comme une autre, mais c'est un préjugé qui devait sans doute être beaucoup plus vivace à l'époque.
Karpof
Karpof

Message par Tontonjimi 16.01.13 23:32

vincent a écrit:non tu rigoles là??!!??
Non du tout, j'ai beaucoup écouté Paul McCartney, The Wings et John Lennon, mais jamais George Harrison silent
Tontonjimi
Tontonjimi

Message par upfromtheskies 16.01.13 23:38

Eh bien, moi non plus... Désolé! Embarassed
upfromtheskies
upfromtheskies

Message par Tontonjimi 16.01.13 23:40

Mais il n'est jamais trop tard pour bien faire rabbit
Tontonjimi
Tontonjimi

Message par leptilou 17.01.13 15:23

Karpof a écrit:un album formidable... et pour parler qq secondes de mon expérience personnelle, j'avais à la première écoute, probablement, le même sentiment, mitigé, que Paringaux.
Oui à l'époque, c'était courant... au début je préférais "Bangla desh" à ce triple album... ! il a fallu du temps ! et cet album s'est bonifié... La rupture Beatles a été un traumatisme... et nos jugements étaient un peu altérés... un monde s’effondrait ! même si au delà des Beatles la musique avançait encore début seventies... mais sans eux...
leptilou
leptilou

http://cooldesource.blog.lemonde.fr/category/concerts/

Message par Tontonjimi 17.01.13 15:46

enfin avec eux, mais séparés rabbit
Tontonjimi
Tontonjimi

Message par Ted 21.01.13 14:41

Tontonjimi a écrit:
vincent a écrit:non tu rigoles là??!!??
Non du tout, j'ai beaucoup écouté Paul McCartney, The Wings et John Lennon, mais jamais George Harrison silent
pareil a part My sweet lord, et celui qu'il a fait avec Jeff Lynne..CLOUD NINE
Ted
Ted

http://deeppurplefamily.forumgratuit.be/

Message par Garbage Man 07.03.13 13:17

upfromtheskies a écrit:

George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1612
George Harrison : All Things Must Pass (1970) R49-1613

On a des oreilles "nous" à Joinville-le-Pont cheers

Plus sérieusement, cet album est un joyau... mon album post beatles préféré avec le Plastic Ono Band. La puissance harmonique de chaque titres est grandiose. Le sentiment fédérateur que suscite "My Sweet Lord", "Isn't It A Pity" rend immédiatement ces titres indémodables et intemporels. Avec les Beatles, Harrison rongeait son frein (avec cependant une poignée de titres mémorables) mais ici ses talents de compositeur s'expriment vraiment au grand jour.
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

http://bluesyrootsandfruits.blogspot.com/

Message par Chino 07.03.13 13:53

J'adore cet album aussi.
Chino
Chino

http://rory-gallagher.forumactif.org/

Message par Vran 07.03.13 17:44

Enorme et pan dans tes dents Very Happy Cet album est un chef d'oeuvre !
Vran
Vran

Message par telegraphroad 07.03.13 18:22

Cela dit, ce lecteur ne doit pas non plus s'y connaître beaucoup en musique s'il pense qu'une gamme se compose toujours de huit notes...

telegraphroad

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant