The American Music Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 ...
Voir le deal
499 €

Autour de Kelly Joe Phelps

+10
kjp
leptilou
Wu wei
Chino
vincent
Jungleland
benoit
eddie
Electric Thing
Bloomers
14 participants

Page 9 sur 12 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Suivant

Autour de Kelly Joe Phelps - Page 9 Empty Re: Autour de Kelly Joe Phelps

Message par jipes 22.12.11 1:33

Allez KJP un ptit effort direction la France stp cheers

jipes

https://www.facebook.com/lesbluesdogs/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par kjp 24.01.12 1:23

http://www.annarbor.com/entertainment/ann-arbor-based-acoustic-cafe-radio-show-fine-tunes-tour-with-opening-date-at-the-ark/

a écrit:

"Acoustic Cafe," the weekly, produced-in-Ann Arbor radio show that enjoys a worldwide syndicated audience, will settle in at The Ark Tuesday night for a hometown "Acoustic Cafe" live show featuring three performers familiar to Ann Arbor audiences.

Singer-songwriters Erin McKeown, Kelly Joe Phelps and Carrie Rodriguez will perform the local show as the kick-off date for an Acoustic Cafe Evening tour that will see a total of 14 performances in several Midwest states including Kentucky, Iowa and Minnesota.

“They each do a few of their own songs, then there is an in-the-round component where they are all up on stage together,” explained Rob Reinhart, the show’s Ann Arbor-based producer and host. “The artists all enjoy themselves and each other and they all play together for an encore at the end of the night,” he said.

Reinhart said the idea for an Acoustic Cafe touring show came about in 2010 thanks to a music promoter who was seeking early-season work for some of his artists.

“There’s a promoter and manager out of New York named John Porter who I’ve known for 15 years or more,” Reinhart explained. “He called me up—at the time he was managing Carrie Rodriguez—and said he was looking for a way to keep Carrie on the road in January and February, when it is really hard to get performing dates.

“He suggested we partner and create this event, which is 'Acoustic Cafe'-branded, to play in many of the markets where the show has an affiliate radio station. We’d make sure the tour featured artists we’d have on the show anyway,” Reinhart said.

PREVIEW

Acoustic Cafe Evening

Who: Erin McKeown, Carrie Rodriguez, and Kelly Joe Phelps.
What: In-the-round performance by three singer-songwriters kicks off an Acoustic Cafe Midwest tour.
Where: The Ark, 316 S. Main St.
When: 8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24.
How much: $20. Tickets available from The Ark box office (with no service charge); Michigan Union Ticket Office, 530 S. State St.; Herb David Guitar Studio, 302 E. Liberty St.; or online from the Michigan Union Ticket Office.

Although the 2012 tour is the third to be offered, it’s the first one with an Ann Arbor date. All three performers have appeared on "Acoustic Cafe" a number of times and have also played at The Ark.

“Carrie is a great writer of her own material—her own stuff is a little more moody and rocky, but she certainly has a country edge,” Reinhart said by way of description. “Erin I first met back in the ‘90s when she was in a group called Voices on the Verge … she has a very quirky, interesting style. Every album is completely different. She’s also very entertaining and has a lot of energy. Kelly Jo Phelps is a finger-picking blues guy … he’s what I call kind of a deep artist. His lyrics are fairly dense and he is an exceptional player. He’s one of these artists you want to just go and watch the guitar mastery.”

"Acoustic Cafe," a two-hour program that presents a wide variety of big names and up-and-coming talent from the world of acoustic music, reaches around the globe thanks to a network of participating stations (listen locally on WQKL, 107.1-FM, Saturdays and Sundays from 6-8 a.m.; or on WDET, 101.9-FM, Sundays from 9-11 a.m.) and streaming options on the Internet.

Erin_McKeown_credit_Nancy_Palmieri.jpg

Erin McKeown
Reinhart said the Acoustic Cafe Evening tour is just one way of bringing the show to new audiences. The program has also become more involved with the annual Ann Arbor Folk Festival, and he said he plans to add live broadcasts from the North American Folk Alliance coming up in February in Memphis and the Americana Music Festival in Nashville in the fall.

“These are new items I am trying to bring to a show I’ve been doing for 18 years. Now I am trying to throw some things in the mix to get the program a little more exposure, to get to some different musical communities,” Reinhart said.

:
kjp
kjp

Message par kjp 24.01.12 23:17

Les premières dates solo de Kelly Joe sont annoncées aujourd'hui pour la première fois depuis 2009. A suivre.
kjp
kjp

Message par kjp 31.01.12 22:34

J'attendais avec impatience la première vidéo youtube de l'après Corinne West, la voici. Voici donc Kelly Joe Phelps dans le cadre de sa tournée avec le "l'Acoustic Café Evening". Ici en trio avec Erin McKeown et Carrie Rodriguez pour interpréter "Big Shaky". Les quelques harmonies vocales apportent de la douceur au morceau sans le dénaturé. De plus, on pense au violon de Jesse Zubot dans "Slingshot Professionals", et pourtant, le phrasé de la violoniste n'est pas le même.

BONNE ECOUTE.

Arrow Arrow Arrow
kjp
kjp

Message par jipes 01.02.12 22:47

Bon ben ça me paraît très prometteur cette première vidéo je trouve qu'il a l'air beaucoup plus heureux d'être là et les deux voix apportent un plus certain cheers
jipes
jipes

Message par kjp 14.02.12 21:51

Deux nouvelles vidéos - At WUWM le 03 Février 2012 :

La première "The Anvil" en trio avec Pieta Brown et Carrie Rodriguez :

et la deuxième un titre que je ne connais pas, appartenant à la chanteuse certainement, et qui sonne très country (et très "léger") :

Arrow I love you
kjp
kjp

Message par kjp 16.02.12 23:04

INTERVIEW PAR ROMAIN DECORET DE GUITARIST LORS DE LA SORTIE DE TUNESMITH RETROFIT :

Autour de Kelly Joe Phelps - Page 9 Kelly_15

Autour de Kelly Joe Phelps - Page 9 Kelly_14
kjp
kjp

Message par kjp 21.02.12 22:45

NEWS :

Kelly Joe annonce un nouvel album.
L'enregistrement se ferait vers le mois d'avril. La sortie se ferait en Août/Septembre. L'album sera publié sous le label Black Hen (le label de "Western Bell" et de son ami, le musicien Steve Dawson). Une tournée en Europe est également à l'étude.

a écrit:

Hi Folks,
Excited to say I’m back on the road touring solo again! Fleming Artists and I have teamed back up, and they will be booking my shows throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as Australia. We started working together back in 1997, so we have a long, successful, and happy road behind us with the bright future right up ahead. Looking forward to seeing you all out there.

I’ve been booked back in to the Montreal Jazz Festival this year, which I’ve always loved performing at. I’ve also been booked into The International Guitar Festival in northern Quebec, which is going to be loaded with great guitar players from around the world, so you guitar fans can check that out, too. And a return to the Capilano College concert series in Vancouver, B.C. which is another of my long-standing favorites. Europe is being looked at now, as well, so maybe I’ll see you in Paris or Amsterdam Keep your eyes on the tour schedule, find something that works for you, and come out and say hello.

I’ll be recording a new solo record up in B.C. during the first week of April with my long-time friend and advice master Steve Dawson, and it will be coming out on his label “Black Hen” somewhere around the end of August/middle of September. It’s going to be just me playing and singing and, for you slide fans, I’m going to be doing some of that as well. I was hoping I’d be re-inspired at some point to pick the slide back up, and thankfully I have been. The guitars are happy, and so am I.

Lastly, I’ve got three gigs coming up in March with a new ace musical friend of mine, Cahalen Morrison. We’ll be playing at the Green Frog in Bellngham, WA, the Tractor Tavern in Ballard, and the Alberta Rose Theater in Portland. This is going to be a fun and wild string-ride, so you Home-In-The-Northwest fans might want to get the babysitter and the gas money together and come along with us. We’re really looking forward to these shows, grins and all.

Take good care, and thanks so much for the continuing help and support.

Now let’s go,
Kelly Joe Phelps

kjp
kjp

Message par kjp 28.02.12 0:10

Le 24 Janvier 2012 à l'Acoustic Cafe : Carrie Rodriguez, Erin McKeowin et Kelly Joe reprennent le classique de Robert Johnson "Hellhound on my Trail" :

kjp
kjp

Message par Wu wei 28.02.12 1:59

kjp a écrit:Le 24 Janvier 2012 à l'Acoustic Cafe : Carrie Rodriguez, Erin McKeowin et Kelly Joe reprennent le classique de Robert Johnson "Hellhound on my Trail" :

sublime !
merci ... (d'ordinaire j'aime kelly joe phelps... mais là j'adore cette reprise, pour une fois que c'est transformé sans être dénaturé.....)
Wu wei
Wu wei

Message par kjp 06.03.12 22:07

L'affiche accompagnant les concerts de Kelly Joe jusqu'à l'été. Une nouvelle affiche accompagnera le nouvel album prévu justement cet été.

Autour de Kelly Joe Phelps - Page 9 42303210
kjp
kjp

Message par Jungleland 06.03.12 22:21

il y a déjà des dates de prévues en Europe ? je sais que tu m'avais dit il y a quelques temps que son tourneur cherchait des salles

Jungleland

http://aupaysdublues.free.fr/

Message par kjp 06.03.12 23:09

Jungleland a écrit:il y a déjà des dates de prévues en Europe ? je sais que tu m'avais dit il y a quelques temps que son tourneur cherchait des salles

Oui. Le 15 ou 16 Septembre il sera chez nous. Et son agent en en effet à la recherche de salles. Je lui ai déjà communiquer une dizaine d'infos. Et j'ai encore quelques autres possibilités. Si tu as des tuyaux, je suis preneur. Wink
kjp
kjp

Message par Jungleland 06.03.12 23:16

il y a le Sonograf à Avignon je t'en avais parlé. Peut être le Caf Conc mais là Jipes aurait sans doute plus d'infos

Jungleland

Message par kjp 06.03.12 23:20

Jungleland a écrit:il y a le Sonograf à Avignon je t'en avais parlé. Peut être le Caf Conc mais là Jipes aurait sans doute plus d'infos

J'ai pensé à Jipes, tu penses. Par contre, si tu avais un nom pour le Sonograf, je t'en serais reconnaissant Very Happy
kjp
kjp

Message par Jungleland 06.03.12 23:35

j'en parle à Ray de Bluesland quand elle rentre de vacances Wink

[HS] pis d'ailleurs ça fait un bout de temps qu'on a pas fait une petite bouffe

Jungleland

Message par kjp 06.03.12 23:43

Jungleland a écrit:

[HS] pis d'ailleurs ça fait un bout de temps qu'on a pas fait une petite bouffe

C'est vrai. Quand tu veux. Mais utilisons d'autres voies pour se faire.
kjp
kjp

Message par jipes 07.03.12 10:49

Ca serait carrément le rêve d'avoir KJP au Caf'Conc surtout qu'il va normalement ouvrir un nouveau lieu après l'été cheers Je me réjouis entous cas pour le nouvel album !
jipes
jipes

Message par Chino 07.03.12 11:50

Quel est le montant de son cachet?
Chino
Chino

http://rory-gallagher.forumactif.org/

Message par kjp 07.03.12 21:55

Chino a écrit:Quel est le montant de son cachet?

Je ne sais pas Chino.
Tu as un contact potentiel ?
kjp
kjp

Message par Chino 07.03.12 22:05

kjp a écrit:
Chino a écrit:Quel est le montant de son cachet?

Je ne sais pas Chino.
Tu as un contact potentiel ?
AU niveau du service culturel de mon bled oui, qu ia déjà fait vernir Björn Berge par exemple. Wink
Chino
Chino

http://rory-gallagher.forumactif.org/

Message par kjp 07.03.12 22:33

Chino a écrit:
AU niveau du service culturel de mon bled oui, qu ia déjà fait vernir Björn Berge par exemple. Wink

Si Björn Berge est passé, ils peuvent "s'offrir" Kelly Joe. Tu peux contacter l'agent de Kelly Joe ?
kjp
kjp

Message par kjp 09.03.12 20:53

Un lien consacré à Kelly Joe, notamment quelques tabs pour les musiciens avec quelques vidéos à l'appuie :

http://www.hhrasmussen.dk/music/tabs/
kjp
kjp

Message par kjp 16.03.12 22:01

UNE PREMIERE :

News vidéo Kelly Joe à la SLIDE sur une Nationale le 9 Mars 2012 à Traverse City.

cheers cheers cheers

kjp
kjp

Message par jipes 16.03.12 22:35

Carrément super j'adore sa voix et son toucher il revient à ses premières amours !
jipes
jipes

Message par kjp 17.03.12 10:41

Et la suite, et toujours en SLIDE traditionnelle avec une Nationale :

Le 10 Mars 2012 au FRESHWATER STUDIO à BOYNE CITY.

kjp
kjp

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 9 sur 12 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Suivant